Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Birthday

Today is my adopted son's 35th birthday.
For so many years it has been a running joke between us,
That "Dad" will alway's screw up the birthday..

I've alway's been somewhat of a non-traditionalist as far holidays and special events are
concerned. I was either a week too early or a month too late.

But after today I think that I will be a little more insightful of this date.

I called my son ,Tao early this morning and was happy to learn that I was the first to wish him
Happy Birthday. He lives in Seattle and I live in Florida and even though it is only 3 hours
diffference..We strugggle to remember that there is a time differential.

As the afternoon wore on I remembered that I had another responsibilty.
My mother had just 2 weeks previous had her first Breast biopsy and today was also the day
that she would recieve her results. Because of a strong medical history. I promised her I
would be there with her.

The results..Breast Cancer.

I think it will be very hard for me to forget this date again for several reasons ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment